Hi guys: D
I decided to post to tell you about a film that created a lot of discussion lately.
I'm talking about Dorian Gray, Oliver Parker's film released in theaters Nov. 27.
The cast are Ben Barnes (Prince Caspian already in the chronicles of Narnia) in the role of Dorian Gray and Colin Firth in the film Lord Henry Wotton.
The film, as I hope you all know, is taken from the famous novel by Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray ", a masterpiece dating from the last 800 years that I recommend to everyone to see (among other is one of my favorite books!)
Anyway, I decided to tell you about this film, because I'm absolutely disappointed.
What Parker was a poor attempt to restore a masterpiece on the big screen, which did not make it do justice.
The atmosphere is a mixture of Gothic and horror, that a little 'we could almost feel. The special effects, although in some places excessive, are acceptable. In the end I could judge positively this film, were it not for the fact that I read the book . The director
confused messages that Oscar Wilde (The great Oscar Wilde, I would stress uu) sent with the book, the characters are altered in their personality, the events are not relevant to the plot or invented out of whole cloth. How do you make such a thing? >. \u0026lt;
say that I am disappointed is an understatement: I am fully pissed!
The director shows almost exclusively the perverse part of Dorian (exaggerating about his personality and inserting scenes almost inappropriate, focusing solely on its sexual licentiousness -.-') sacrificing the period of metamorphosis of character in a short period of time so as not to enabling the viewer to understand its true importance. As if
personality change was a trifle! I sell my soul to the devil every day in the end, no? >. \u0026lt; Bha!
The Actor, Ben Barnes, is very good (and even cool for that: P), but wrong: Dorian Gray is blond with blue eyes and curly. I only say this uu
My poor Oscar Wilde, you can not defend! Surely you'll be twirling in his grave! But I'm here to defend it!
You know the thing that makes me more angry? And 'that people did not read the book looks good for the plot! This is absurd!
Read the book, is the only advice to you.
It will end here ^ ^ Maybe
Go and see this movie ... so you can criticize it you also better -.- '
you link the trailer, just to accept xDD
Kisses, Kisses \u0026lt;3
.: Candy-Snape:.
(a hardcore fan of Oscar Wilde u.รน)
(a hardcore fan of Oscar Wilde u.รน)
0 comments:
Post a Comment