is the second part of Operation Amarcord.
I do not want to put myself to write something new, so I propose again, more or less word for word, something I wrote a couple of years ago.
"It happens to all of us to recall the impressions related to things we've seen or heard from small and have been so strong that we are there to carry for a long time.
Many years ago I saw a movie. It struck me so much that for a while 'time, every time I heard or read the name Megan (a character in the film) I could not help but feel a strange feeling in my stomach.
Now, I can not tell you why impressed me so much, since I do not remember or picture story. Only minor details, such as Megan, of course, that was set in the country, that somehow there was talk of love and the male lead was blond, plus some other little thing is insufficient groped for any type of research .
Or so I thought.
That film, I came back to mind many times throughout my life, if nothing else, because I was very sorry not to know the title and then not be able to see him again.
Last night film is the mysterious back again to knock on the door of my memory, and so finally I decided to try to find it on the Internet.
few hopes, but a lot of good will.
Ah, the wonderful practice of "keywords".
The first set of information entered in the search engine does not lead me to nothing. Find that you search, I was going to discourage me at all when it occurred to me to enter another word ...
I found this.
Lover Summer (A Summer Story by Piers Haggard, 1988)
Plot
In 1902, Frank and Robert, the offspring of two good middle-class families in London, ask hospitality for a night on the farm of Mrs. Narracombe, in the English countryside, as Frank has a sprained ankle. Robert returned to London, while his friend asks him to stay a few days just to recover. The sixteen year old Megan (who lives there with his aunt and three cousins, including the rough is that Joe wants to marry her) falls in love with the newcomer. Enchanted by the pleasantly simple life and rural news, the young man falls in love with himself and mutual infatuation turns into love. The two plan to escape: he will wait for Megan to Torquay, the nearby town and sea at dawn, after ten days in hospital, he leaves. But Torquay meets an old and wealthy classmate, known star (the charming and elegant man's sister) and in a few hours Frank fully recovered from all the calls of his way politically correct. Seen in a narrow face and sadly disappointed with the briefcase in hand Megan (she has seen with the girl and got all atra), Frank, cowardly, waiver with an explanation and even say a word of farewell.
After eighteen years, for an inexplicable impulse, back in the car with Frank Stella, his wife, the heath and near the farm so long ago. An old worker (Jim), who has acknowledged in the red beard, Megan tells him that he never wanted to marry and who died in giving a child lice. It 's the son of Frank and the rapid passion. He, bewildered, he sees for a moment sharing: a young, fair-haired keeper of sheep, who smiles kindly.
And 'this' my' film?
honestly do not know, but it is undeniable that many of the details match.
It 's a sad story and love (and I generally keep away from both), but I would like to see him again, but unfortunately I could not find him anywhere. Too bad. "
However, if someone out there knows anything, any information is welcome:)
0 comments:
Post a Comment