aliens have not arrived, but at least came the snow (yesterday). Too bad that it is already gone, but tonight is expected other.
Good.
As you may have already changed the face I saw in my lj, in fact I've tanned for the holidays: P
I had my work cut with the codes and other stuff, but in the end I've done. In truth I've also done more than necessary, for example header. I got to share three. All proceeds from the beautiful paintings of Thomas Kinkade, who has certainly revolutionized the history of art, but the way in which he painted the light and the romantic atmosphere of its cottages and its landscapes are compelling.
pics.livejournal.com/darkoreimei/pic/0004365c ... advise you to look / see it in large as it is very detailed:)
Why all this "trouble"? Why is the Christmas period truly the best of the year and adjusted accordingly myself and all that stuff about me:)
Today I'm back from these parties also refer you to a book I just finished reading.
(the first cover of the book is that I also have the second, that the English version, I put it because I really like: D)
Mayra Santos-Febres
Sirena Selena
"Martha Divine, transvestite mature color, is the owner of a ramshackle nightclub in San Juan of Puerto Rico. One night he happens to hear a wistful and hypnotic song: the voice of the nightingale belongs to a street kid, who lives under the bridge and beat the pavement. Martha improvised by the young agent, teaches him how to dress like a woman to wear makeup, to behave like a great diva, turning it into Sirena Selena, the siren of the Caribbean, whose boleros seduce and frighten the listener.
The couple leaves for Santo Domingo, to bring the show into a luxury hotel. But the presence of the two island will not be entirely painless. Hugo Graubel, a wealthy businessman, falls in love with Siren and tries to tear it to Martha and lure the lure of a brilliant career and a life of luxury next him. She does not stand before such a prospect, even willing to meet with the wife of Graubel. For its part, Martha Divine is certainly not the type to be fooled ...
(there I put the last lines of the plot because they have nothing to do ... but have read the book who wrote this?)
's a nice book, interesting, intelligent, witty, but sometimes melancholy . A journey into the world without prejudice transvestites Caribbean. The Puerto Rican Santos-Febres can speak with even mild tone of sensitive issues such as child prostitution, abuse, drugs. Read
Sirena Selena, I think, is a beautiful way to approach (even if only through a work of fiction) to a completely different world from ours, and this little-known (often inappropriately) criticized. Refrain
moralists and prudes.
wish you all a good weekend.
0 comments:
Post a Comment