Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wedding Sayings Programs

Valigia him? Faithless

The best birthday gifts as possible.
if not the best, certainly one of the best.

The Golden Age ... The caskets
A series of delightful books rectangular, filled with photographs (and others), contained in cardboard boxes that simulate (in the volumes published so far) suitcases or trunks. And if you keep reading you'll understand why;)

Year 2010



The golden age of train travel Patrick Poivre D'Arvor
The saga of the railways of yesteryear we are told through the story lines of the eleven most extravagant, still active today.
From Toy Train to Darjeeling, which winds up on the roof of the world, the trains of the vertiginous Andes, not to mention the Train Bleu scented mimosa, switching from one landscape to another, from one culture to another.


And 'Orient Express where we? * LOVE *
Ah, trains ...
Almost done. I started last month. I know, I've read in the comfortable grip ... But it's so nice to dream ... And then you spend (well) a lot of time looking at the pictures and match them to the respective (Long) captions.

Year 2011




The golden age of transatlantic travel Gérard Piouffre
dawn of the twentieth century, the seas and oceans are being plowed by steamers of the great maritime powers , first of all England, the vast colonial empire which offers vast opportunities.
And the competition between the airlines began: the Atlantic are becoming increasingly fast and large, there are those of the P & O, the typical funnels painted yellow, the Mauretania, the Lusitania of the Cunard ...

I are lost in only browse. * * Love2
Ah, walking into a sunset sparkling ocean and pianists ... Oops, I made a slight confusion; P
I have a lot of fun to read (and translate) a menu dated 1934 and a program of activities in 1939.
I can not wait to read it all.

And if all goes well for 2012 is expected to purchase:



Grand Hotel - The Golden Age of the Catherine Palace Donzel
Rendez-vous at the Raffles, at the Copacabana , at the Plaza ... Since the nineteenth century invented the concept of the "Grand Hotel", the Ritz, the Savoy, the Carlton are so many beautiful lights on the streets the planet. From Europe to the United States, through Africa and Asia, the book invites you to visit these famous establishments, to discover what has created the legend and share impressions of everyone who stayed there: travel writers, spies, war correspondents, celebrities, cinema, art and politics ... A huge album
travel, where it meets history and stories, all illustrated by excellent reportage and archival documents.

Wow! The Plaza, the Ritz ... I do not know if I will resist until my next birthday.

on the publisher's site ( www.ippocampoedizioni.it ) is possible, thanks to flash animation, "browse" a little preview of each book that I mentioned in this post. And almost everyone else on the site. I must admit I have spotted some very interesting.
Future purchases?

:)

PS: The Scrapbook of work is going well, although I get the feeling that some "lists" will remain desperately empty, but come on a bit 'optimism and what the heck ... : P Let's see if today

0 comments:

Post a Comment